Hello & Welcome To My Recipe Blog

Hello & Welcome To My Food Blog

Most of you who know me, know me for my craft tutorials on Youtube! Now, you'll get to see some of my other skills, cooking and baking things from the past, that we as children loved to smell and so enjoyed tasting. In our home, my parents baked every Saturday morning and they baked enough to last the week, well it was supposed to last a week, but we had 10 in our family to feed and so it never lasted that long.

I'm sure many of you remember those awesome aromas coming from your mothers kitchen! Well I remember them really well and I've always tried to keep those aromas coming from my own kitchen over the years. When I was a child, both my parents took charge of preparing the kitchen meals and treats on a Saturday.

Growing up, I remember we could smell the home baking in every room. We knew then, that we were in for a treat, we didn't have much growing up as kids, but we did have wholesome home cooked meals. 

My late father used to grow our own fruit and vegetables in what was, a pretty large garden. Ooooh! I still remember one of my favourite fruits, the gooseberry! Though they were tart at times, I personally loved them and once they'd appeared on the bushes, they were soon handpicked and in my pockets lol.

We grew potatoes, carrots, radish, cauliflowers and sprouts to name but a few of the vegetables. Then dad grew strawberries, which also found their way into my pockets when no one was looking, especially the biggest ones!

Dad would bake all the bread and make the pastry for the cheese sticks, meat pies and tarts, while mum made all the buns & cakes. The smaller children would lick the bowls out afterwards, another great memory I will never forget. I loved baking day and would watch everything being created from scratch until I was old enough to join in. It truly was for me mouthing watering aromas and I can still smell them today some 50 + years later.

Once I left home and started a family of my own, I did all I could to keep those aromas going in my own kitchen. My children would join me and watch as I had done with my own parents, until they too were old enough to take part, which by the way was also done on Saturdays. 

Since becoming a grandmother (Nanna in my case), my grandchildren also joined in just like their parents had with me. The eldest four would come over for the weekend and we would put the table in the middle of the kitchen and lay all the ingredients out to bake their own buns and cakes. I have to say, they made wonderful buns... Coming up with their own ideas that were just as tasty as mine lol, filling the rooms with such beautiful aromas while having heaps of fun.

I decided to start this blog, to share with you, some of my home cooked meals and scrummy bakes. All the recipes are easy to create and taste DELICIOUS! So sit back and see how it used to be done in my day, the older recipes must live on and not be forgotten and the newer ones need to be shared around... Enjoy!

Disclaimer This is to certify that the viewer must take responsibility for his or her own safety and hygiene when replicating any of my recipes on this channel. The kitchen can be a dangerous place to work, please be careful. Thank You.


Comments

  1. I will have to try some of these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do and please let me know if you liked them or not, maybe you could suggest I do something extra with them :0) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment