Good Old British Toad In The Hole

Good Old British Toad In The Hole

This is always a firm favourite with my family and we've been eating it since we were in nappies lol. My children too and now my grandchildren love it.


It is hard for me to say how much flour, because I don't generally measure anything, I'm that used to cooking and baking things... But I would do the following.

Ingredients: Large Batch

2 Cups of Plain Flour
6 Eggs
Good Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup of Milk and 1/4 Cup of water mixed
1 tsp Oil


Add all the ingredients together and use a whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.


Grease a non-stick dish or bun tins (this mixture makes one large dish and a set 12 buns.


Once you've sprayed the tins/dish, place them in the oven to heat up, you need them nice and hot.

Don't forget to pre-cook the sausages and once the dish is ready pour some of the mixture in. I'd do the bun tin first and that will leave you with the right amount for the bigger dish.

Start them off in the middle of the oven, once they start to rise, move them up and add the last lot in. When the top ones are ready, take them from the oven and serve, while the last lot are moved to the top to finish off cooking. It should take approx 20-25 minutes and they really are yummy with gravy :0). Bake them on Gas mark 7 to start with then turn them up to 9 once they start to rise.


Comments