Scrummy Fish & Egg Pie

Scrummy Fish & Egg Pie

I've tasted several Fish Pies and never come across one that I really like, so I invented my own and oh my, this really is delicious. The shows the pie before topping has been cooked, I will replace this picture with the cooked dish, but hubby isn't home from work yet and it needs to be finished of 30 minutes before eating...

Here's how I created this yummy dish! In a large frying pan add a cup of milk, salt & pepper and any other seasoning to your liking, I added in some Green Pesto. I won't tell you which to do because at this point, you can add any seasoning that takes your fancy. Add 1/4 of butter and cook until boiling. 

Now add your fish to the sauce that you've just made. I used cod, but you can use any fish you like! I place 4 pieces into the pan because we like a lot of fish to taste. Turn the heat low and simmer for about 15 minutes. then turn off the heat and stand to one side.


Next, hard boil 6 eggs, peel and either mash or dice and place them into a dish. You need to add the fish with some of the sauce, enough to stop the eggs and fish from being dry and not to waste the sauce add a little extra in for good measure.


Peel and chop some Potatoes, put them on to boil with a good sprinkle of salt, they will be layered when cooked, so make sure you do enough. Boil them until they are soft, remove from the heat and drain.

Now add a little cream, milk, butter and some chopped chives and mash together until creamy. Add in some peas at this stage once you've finished mashing the potaoes, if you want you can add some peas and just stir not mash, they need to be left whole.


 Now you need to start and layer your pie dish! Start with the Chunky Fish & Eggs, next add the mashed potatoes, followed buy lots of grated cheese and then sliced Tomatoes on top as shown in the picture and 30 minutes before serving on Gas mark 7. Hey presto, you can eat it on its own or do what I do sometimes and that's to oven bake some potato croquettes... Delicious.


Comments