Old English Coconut Macaroons

Old English Coconut Macaroons

These are one of my favourite treats that my late mother used to make for my 7 siblings and I. I've made them the old fashioned way and use Condensed milk instead of egg whites that many people normally use!

There are only 3 ingredients in this recipe. 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract and one tin condensed milk and add enough coconut flakes until the mixture is playable like dough (I don't measure the coconut flakes). Once the mixture starts to come away from the sides of the bowl, then I'd say you have used enough lol.


Bake on Gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and cool completely before drizzling melted chocolate over them as shown below!




Comments

  1. I might try these for Carla's Communion tea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these for Carla's Communion tea and they scoffed the lot well worth a try xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment